January 31, 2019
Aegis Therapies is proud to announce the launch of our volunteer program, providing opportunities for individuals to assist Aegis patients and staff with day-to-day needs in both office and rehabilitation program settings. This exciting new program is designed to meet the needs of everyone involved. Volunteers are able to provide helpful assistance in day-to-day patient and office-related tasks, Aegis professionals are able to focus more time and attention to their specific skilled interventions, and patients are able to connect and socialize with members of their community.
“The time and talent volunteers can give to our organization and the patients we serve is greatly appreciated,” said Martha Schram, President & CEO of Aegis Therapies. “Our goal in the Aegis volunteer program is to provide opportunities that are mutually beneficial, where volunteers have an opportunity to help those who provide care to our patients and we can help our volunteers develop their interests.”
Aegis volunteers may be responsible for, but not limited to, the following –– dependent upon which department they assist:
- Activity setup, assist residents during scheduled activity and activity clean up
- Search for equipment for therapy patients
- Alert supervisor to patient readiness for scheduled therapy
- Keep patient occupied with puzzles, newspaper articles, etc. while waiting for treatment
- Provide companionship before and / or after therapy time
- Assist patients with completing satisfaction surveys
- Deliver schedules to the nursing staff
- Answer phone, take messages and deliver messages to nursing staff
- Decorate department for holidays and seasons
- File and send documents to doctors
Volunteers will be eligible for special recognition honoring the level of service and hours they achieve. They may also be featured in Aegis’ newsletter as well as enjoy regular appreciation, which includes feedback from patients.
To learn more about possible volunteer opportunities in your area contact your local Aegis Director of Rehab or Aegis Area Vice President.