January 13, 2023
Aegis wellness programs are designed to get purposeful, powerful, proven results focusing on the seven dimensions of wellness. We take a holistic approach designed to help individuals be well wherever they are. Health and wellness are important to every aspect of our lives. If you eat healthy foods and exercise regularly, then your mind, body and spirit will remain strong as well. As we age, it is more vital to maintain and improve health so that we don’t have a greater risk of wellness concerns later on in life. By incorporating wellness activities into your daily routine, it can help reduce the risk of chronic diseases, such as:
- High Blood Pressure
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
Seven Dimensions of Wellness Activities you can do at home:
- Intellectual Wellness– Take a turn at creative and stimulating mental activities such as, trivia questions, puzzles or brain teasers.
- Emotional Wellness– Learn how to do self-massage, express gratitude, journal daily.
- Spiritual Wellness– Practice meditation and deep breathing techniques, join a prayer group or Bible study, spend time in nature or serve your community.
- Occupational Wellness– Do work that you find motivating and interesting, challenge yourself to learn something new, create new connections with your neighbors.
- Social Wellness– Make dinner reservations with a friend, volunteer for a local school or church, ring an old friend to catch up.
- Environmental Wellness– Spend time outdoors, go to the local farmers market, recycle, get a group of friends together and pick up trash.
- Physical Wellness– Go for a daily walk, get 30 minutes of exercise daily, take the stairs instead of the elevator.
Incorporating any or all of these wellness activities will help enhance your overall health and happiness. Visit our Wellness Resource Library for more ideas.
This content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Always consult your physician before beginning any exercise program.
Aegis Therapies welcomes all persons in need of its services and does not discriminate on the basis of age, disability, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation or source of payment. Interpreter Services are available at no cost. Please visit your local Aegis Therapies location for assistance. Servicios de interpretación están disponibles sin costo. Visite su sucursal local de Aegis Therapies para recibir asistencia. 我们提供免费传译服务。请探访您的本地Aegis Therapies地点以获得协助