FY 2022 SNF PPS Final Rule
On July 29, 2021, CMS issued the FY 2022 SNF PPS Final Rule. To help you stay up to date on the latest information regarding reimbursement changes, Aegis Therapies has written a summary of the key information you should know.
- Payment Update: The net market basket update will be 1.2% effective October 1, 2021
- PDPM: CMS acknowledged that the COVID-19 PHE may have affected the data used in their analysis and will not implement any PDPM payment model parity adjustment in FY 2022
- Blood Clotting Factor Exclusion: A proportional reduction in Medicare Part A rates will be implemented to offset the increase in Part B spending that will occur due to these items and services being excluded from SNF consolidated billing
- SNF Quality Reporting Program: Two new measures will be adopted, the Skilled Nursing Facility Healthcare-Associated Infections (HAI) Requiring Hospitalization and COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage among Healthcare Personnel (HCP) measure
- SNF Value-Based Purchasing Program: CMS finalized plan to suppress the measure for FY 2022 and pay out equally to all facilities regardless of rehospitalization performance